Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Free Apps for Babies

I live in Upstate NY, but I am from NYC and commute frequently on the MetroNorth.  Usually I have Julian with me and sometimes I even bring my dog--that added to whatever luggage I have and perhaps even a stroller is kind of insane...If I wasn't the one doing it, I wouldn't believe it could be done.

Juju is pretty good on the train, especially if he gets a window seat, but like all babies--he gets fussy and he gets bored.  So I have a few cards up my sleeve when it comes to making sure our hour and a half ride goes smoothly as possible.  I have snacks, I'm ready with a nursing blanket, I have all his favorite toys within reach--and I have these apps.

These apps are the saviors of my commute.  If you have a baby or toddler and an iPhone or iPad I would strongly recommend you download these.  They could save your life...or, to be less dramatic, they could at least save your day.

Full on temper tantrums have been thwarted with these.  And they are FREE so really, what do you have to lose?

Julian's favorites are the ones by Fisher Price, they were launched to go along with their Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case

(I intended to buy but never did, still might...)

From the Let's Count Animals App

I've listed them from his top favorite to his least favorite:

- Animal Sounds
- Let's Count Animals
- Where's Puppy Nose?

Another app he enjoys is:

- Baby Piano (Lite)

There is a pay version of it, but so far I haven't had any reason to get it.  It isn't one of Juju's favorites anyway.  I think I like it more than he does.

When he was an infant there was another app I used:

- Relax Melodies

It's a great sound app that really helps sooth and put babies (and you) to sleep.

All of these apps are really great (as long as you don't mind your iPhone/iPad getting roughed up a bit or if you have a protective case).  They're perfect for shopping, commuting, car rides...times when your baby's up and you just want a few more minutes of sleep (oh yes)--and, rest assured, they are educational!


In addition to those great apps there are some for you too.

- Parenting Ages & Stages
I'm a big fan of Parenting magazine and their affiliates so I really enjoy this app.  You get access to a bunch of great articles and resources targeted to your child's age group.  Plus, there's a community and a neat feature where, if a product is recalled--they send a message to your phone.  Pretty cool!

- My Pregnancy Today
I lived on this app when I was pregnant. As a first time mom I had so many questions and was so nervous about everything. This app was so helpful!

- My Baby Today
After Juju was born I downloaded this app since the pregnancy app was so useful. There are lots of great tips, articles, videos, and even activities you can do geared to your baby's age. I love it!

I hope you find these Apps as wonderful as I did! I will be sure to add more as I find them. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment